Last updated on: October 17, 2017
By signing up for the Maintcode services or any of the services of Maintcode Inc. or its affiliates (“Maintcode”) you are agreeing to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”). The services offered by Maintcode under the Terms of Service include various products and services to help you sell goods and services to buyers, whether online (“Online Services”), in person (“POS Services”), or both. Any such services offered by Maintcode are referred to in these Terms of Services as the “Services”. Any new features or tools which are added to the current Services shall be also subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the current version of the Terms of Service at any time at https://www.maintcode.com/terms-of-service. Maintcode reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to the Maintcode website. You are advised to check the Terms of Service from time to time for any updates or changes that may impact you.
Everyday language summaries are provided for convenience only and are not legally binding. Please read the “Terms of Service” for the complete picture of your legal requirements. By using Maintcode or any Maintcode services, you are agreeing to these terms. Be sure to occasionally check back for updates.
- Account Terms
- You must be 18 years or older or at least the age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside or from which you use this Service.
- To access and use the Services, you must register for a Maintcode account (“Account”) by providing your full legal name, current address, phone number, a valid email address, and any other information indicated as required. Maintcode may reject your application for an Account, or cancel an existing Account, for any reason, in our sole discretion.
- You acknowledge that Maintcode will use the email address you provide as the primary method for communication.
- You are responsible for keeping your password secure. Maintcode cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to maintain the security of your Account and password.
- You are responsible for all activity and content such as photos, images, videos, graphics, written content, audio files, code, information, or data uploaded, collected, generated, stored, displayed, distributed, transmitted or exhibited on or in connection with your Account (“Materials”).
- A breach or violation of any term in the Terms of Service, including the AUP, as determined in the sole discretion of Maintcode will result in an immediate termination of your services.
You are responsible for your Account and any Materials you upload to the Maintcode Service. Remember that with any violation of these terms we will cancel your service.
If we need to reach you, we will send you an email.
- Account Activation
2.1 Maintcode Account
- Subject to section 2.1.2, the person signing up for the Service will be the contracting party (“Account Owner”) for the purposes of our Terms of Service and will be the person who is authorized to use any corresponding account we may provide to the Account Owner in connection with the Service.
- If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, your employer shall be the Account Owner. If you are signing up for the Service on behalf of your employer, then you represent and warrant that you have the authority to bind your employer to our Terms of Service.
2.2 PayPal Express Checkout and Maintcode Payments Accounts
- Upon completion of sign up for the Service, Maintcode will create a PayPal Express Checkout account on your behalf, using your email address. Depending on your location, Maintcode may also create a Maintcode Payments account on your behalf.
- You acknowledge that PayPal Express Checkout and/or Maintcode Payments will be your default payments gateway(s) and that it is your sole responsibility as the Account Owner to activate and maintain these accounts. If you do not wish to keep either of the payment accounts active, it is your responsibility to deactivate them. For the avoidance of doubt, PayPal Express Checkout is a Third Party Service, as defined in Section 16 of these Terms of Service.
2.3 Apple Pay for Safari Account
- Upon completion of sign up for the Service, Maintcode will create an Apple Pay for Safari (“Apple Pay”) account on your behalf, using the URL(s) and business name associated with your Account. Depending on your location, Maintcode may activate your Apple Pay account on your behalf, otherwise you will be required to activate your Apple Pay account within your Account admin. If you do not wish to keep your Apple Pay account active, it is your responsibility to deactivate it. For the avoidance of doubt, Apple Pay is a Third Party Service, as defined in Section 16 of these Terms of Service.
- If you use an Apple Pay supported payment gateway and your customers have enabled Apple Pay on their device, customers may purchase goods and services from your store using Apple Pay.
- By using Apple Pay on your store, you are agreeing to be bound by the Apple Pay Platform Web Merchant Terms and Conditions, as they may be amended by Apple from time to time. If Apple amends the Apple Pay Platform Web Merchant Terms and Conditions, the amended and restated version will be posted here: https://www.Maintcode.com/legal/apple-pay. Such amendments to the Apple Pay Platform Web Merchant Terms are effective as of the date of posting. Your continued use of Apple Pay on your store after the amended Apple Pay Platform Web Merchant Terms are posted constitutes your agreement to, and acceptance of, the amended Apple Pay Platform Web Merchant Terms. If you do not agree to any changes to the Apple Pay Platform Web Merchant Terms, de-activate your Apple Pay account and do not continue to use Apple Pay on your store.
2.4 Domain Names
- Upon purchasing a domain name through Maintcode, domain registration will be preset to automatically renew each year so long as your Maintcode Account remains active. You acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to deactivate the auto-renewal function should you choose to do so.