DTE | Content Management System
Down To Earth, provide a solutions platform that effectively manages and controls clients enterprise data centre resources and services by automating job scheduling, improving output organization and optimizing processing.
As the company’s unique business processes couldn’t be covered with any available ready-made solution, Maintcode suggested going for a custom content management system. This turned out to be a more cost-effective solution, as it didn’t imply any license costs associated with a ready-to-go CMS implementation.
Maintcode provided a detailed project estimate, video demonstrations of a suggested open source CMS, and its demo installations to let ITBrothers see and evaluate the future solution and its functionality.
The project included custom CMS development and implementation of an internal portal on this CMS.
The portal presents up-to-date information about ITBrothers departments (news, events, and product descriptions), as well as allows users to download and upload firmware.
Maintcode Inc created a content management system based on Java-based OpenCms, open source software that enables easy content publishing and editing. The portal ensures role-based access for different user groups and provides employees with a collaboration-driven forum and rating features. As the number of active users grows, the Customer can expand the system to align it with users’ needs.
The CMS’s front-end includes the following features:
- Core features (publishing workflow, content access levels, templates integration, sitemap, navigation management).
- User profiles.
- Content areas (distributor finder, service, testimonials, use-cases, maintenance, installers, events, news, products).
- Examination module (users pass tests depending on their access level).
- Content sharing features.
- Integration with a 3-rd party forum and the WebTrain system.
Available for website administrators, the CMS’s backend enables:
- Static and dynamic content management.
- User account and access management.
- Publishing process management.
Maintcode split the project into several phases encompassing a variety of activities:
- Clarifying the Customer’s initial requirements and shaping the project vision.
- Developing core features, including user management, and meta-information management.
- Delivering additional features, including forum integration, examination module, file sharing, and custom information modules.
- Implementing graphic design, including HTML slicing and
- implementation of provided sketches.
Maintcode’s team consisted of a project manager and a business analyst who worked part-time, and a full-time team of a technical leader, developers, and a QA specialist. The team demonstrated to the Customer the implemented functionality at each project stage, collected the Customer’s feedback, and tuned the solution accordingly.